The Great Barrier Reef is one of the most wanted attractions among tourists all around the world. If you haven’t added a trip to the Great Barrier Reef to your bucket list yet, this is your clue. The whole world is open to traveling and holidaying. Australia is the most beautiful place on the Earth, bringing you the top-class experiences of vacation with comfort and luxury.
In Australia, the Great Barrier Reef is the place for thousands of marine species, giant clams, and stunning coral formations. This is just a shorter version of what vacationers can experience here, this place has a lot more to offer when it comes to having fun and gaining spellbound experiences. Discover some awesome and heart-throbbing natural attractions while traveling over 2,300 kilometers long Reef across the coast of Queensland and lock the unforgettable holiday memories forever.
To provide the protection and maintain the serenity of the biggest Reef, there’s a Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority that oversees it. Several human activities and activities like coral bleaching or harvesting, ensure the long-term viability and maintenance of the marine populations of the reef.
An interesting fact: the only World Heritage site, the Great Barrier Reef can be seen from space, imagine how long and big its size is. Another interesting thing about this Reef is that it is not just limited to beautiful coral and live fantastic marine life, it has more than 9000 islands stretching from Southern Great Barrier Reef to Cape York.
Let’s explore the Great Barrier Reef with the beauty of a few famous islands to stay in.
- Lady Musgrave Island: Among many islands of the Great Barrier Reef, this island is a must-visit. Enjoy the approximately 35 acres stretched island starting with the boat tour over the dazzling and glittering fringing reef. Spend time on the island’s beach and experience the fun of walking through the tree-covered trails. If you are looking for some scuba diving and snorkeling in the great barrier reef, then you will love this island. When it comes to spending a night on this island, you can arrange a camp or book a Lady Musgrave HQ hotel. Have the best time on this island from April to September and spend a sunny adventure. Magnetic Island: Apart from picturesque coral beauty, it’s time to hop on a 20-minute ferry from Townsville and explore the magnetic island’s rocky landscape. Here, on this island, you will find the unexplored beauty of large granite boulders and eucalyptus woodlands. While uncovering the history of Forts Walk on this island, get magnificent views of the two WWII Military forts. From horse riding along the beach to meeting Koalas and watching the best sunset of your life, spend a perfect 40-hour magical time on this island with your friends or family. There are a lot of options available for a stay on this island, both budget-friendly and luxurious. Also, local cafés and restaurants are there to make your stay more comfortable. Although it’s spectacular throughout the year, the time between April and August is suitable for swimming and a comfortable weather perspective.
- Whitsunday Island: To explore the beauty of the world’s prettiest beach, visit Whitehaven beach on this island. The largest island brings you the beauty of the remote beach. Book a helicopter ride to fly over a beach and enjoy the blended beauty of white and swirling cream. A heart-shaped marvel at the neighboring heart reef can only be appreciated from the air, so make sure you make the most of your trip to Whitsunday Island by helicopter. Once your 1-and-a-half-hour ride is over, head back to the island, spend your day there and enjoy some luxury frills.
- Lady Elliot Island: When it comes to visiting a stunning coral cay and home to several eye-pleasing eco-resort, Lady Elliot Island wins your heart. This island is taken care of by the Marine Park Authority, offering guests of the island pleasantness of spectacular flora and fauna. Moreover, if you want to experience the most breathtaking experiences of snorkeling and diving on the Great Barrier Reef, Lady Elliot Island is the place to be. Discover tropical marine life, water clarity, colorful coral gardens, and lots of other islands’ major attractions. Don’t miss visiting the world’s most important Sea Turtle habitats on this island.
- Orpheus Island: The luxury experience of this island is out of the world. For guests or travelers who enjoy every bit of luxuriousness, this island of the Great Barrier Reef is not a shortage of luxuries. Spend a laid-back gateway on this island, followed by a small stay at the five-star Orpheus Island Lodge. Staying here means enjoying the chic beauty of the beach and other high-class activities. There are quite chic ways to spend days here by finding fringing reefs and coves using a small boat or kayak. To enjoy the outer reef, book a private charter and dive into it. How can you miss going on a fishing trip with local fishermen? This activity is highly recommended when vacationing on this island. Enjoy your stay on this island with the gorgeous views of the Coral Sea and three meals a day (exclusively prepared by the talented chefs of the resort).
Top things to do in the Great Barrier Reef?
Immerse yourself in the unique world of picturesque marine life, which is filled with incredible wildlife and fabulous views. This island is not limited to spectacular views, you can also find all the popular activities here.
- Snorkeling: Witness the beautiful creatures underwater and learn about the ecosystem of this natural hotspot through snorkeling. Get the chance to discover the magical world of colorful fishes and beautiful coral systems. Get a pair of goggles handy, a pair of flippers, and a breathtaking tube hand, and you all are set to be a part of a breezy environment.
- Scuba Diving: Another famous thing to do is Scuba diving. Don’t worry if you are not a great swimmer, you can easily dive underwater and enjoy the prettiness and purity of the underwater world. Proper lessons and professional guidance demonstrating the way to use flippers and oxygen tanks are important before the dive. So, without worrying a lot, you can experience the vibe.
- Whitewater rafting: Spend the most exciting day out of your life, on the beautiful Russell and Barron rivers. Rafting trips are handled by skilled guides who will make you experience pristine rainforests, crystal-clear rivers, and awesome sceneries.
- Hot air Ballooning: Get the experience of a Hot air balloon in Australia. Another way to enjoy the sheer wonder, silent serenity, romance, and the views of the gold-sand beaches is by riding in a hot air balloon.
- Explore Daintree Forest: The most special thing to do in Australia is to explore the incredible biodiversity of the Daintree Forest. Here, in this forest find a big amount of Australia’s wildlife species. Amongst several reasons why this forest is unique and special is its unbelievably exclusive ecosystem. From waterfalls to beaches, from gorges to mountains and rainforests, find many stunning landscapes and gorgeous scenery.
How to get to the Great Barrier Reef?
Since this reef is stretched over thousands of miles and is quite big, there are a few entry points like Cairns, Cape York, and Bundaberg to reach there. There are a few international flights that can directly fly into the city called Cairns (gateway to the Great Barrier Reef). You can fly directly here and then rent a car to enjoy the scenic beauty of it. Similarly, other islands can easily be reached via a 1- or 2-hour flight or by self-driving from the nearest location like Brisbane.
Australia is big and experiencing its whole beauty of it in one trip is quite challenging. Hence, we are listing some more iconic places in Australia apart from the Great Barrier Reef.
- Gold Coast: Another famous destination and home to many surfers is the Gold Coast. Find the world’s famous beaches with outstanding surf breaks and spend your days here. All the comfortable staying options along with many eateries and dining options are available here. Whether you want to take surf lessons or simply want to watch pro surfers, everything is wonderful.
- Melbourne: The coolest and most happening city in Australia. Find all the famous tourist places here like Queen Victoria Market, Eureka Square, Federation Skydeck, the Arcades and Secret Lanes, and Graffiti Lanes.
- Kangaroo Island: Located in South Australia, Kangaroo Island is a must-visit for a few days. The place is beautiful and serene. Watch the sunsets, and kangaroos and pay your visit to the Birds of Prey rehabilitation center.
Undoubtedly, Australia is filled with jaw-dropping wonders of the world. How to pick the destinations every time to make the most of your trip?
Choosing a responsible and affordable tour operator should be your top priority. From booking the stays to activities on this Great Barrier Reef are solely taken by them. With their guidance and constant support, you can easily enjoy your trip without spending a lot. Get in touch with a genuine tour planner and find great deals on your Australia holiday.